1891 Cotton Mills in Colne
COTTON SPINNERS AND MANUFACTURERS
- H. W. Bannister, Birchinlee Shed; 64 looms, checks.
- Joseph Birtwistle, Walton Street Shed; 265 looms, stripes and shirtings.
- John Catlow, Garden Vale Mills; 12,000 spindles, 33B twist, 50' weft; 1,100 looms, good printers Manchester office-7, Booth street.
- Thomas Crabtree and Co, Railway Street Mill; 500 looms, oxfords and shirtings. Telegrams, "Thomas Crabtree, Colne."
- Thomas Foulds and Son, Green Shed; 300 looms: checks, stripes, oxfords, &c.
- Frankland and Co, Walton Street Shed; 226 looms, oxfords, winceys and worsted goods.
- Haslam Brothers, Spring Gardens Mill; 700 looms, fancys, dobbies, &c.; and at Yatefield Mill, Burnley. Telephone No., 461.
- Calvin Knight, Parrack Shed; 520 looms, checks, stripes and mixtures; Bradford warehouse -6, Brook street.
- Thomas Mason, Primet Mill, Colne; and Netherfield Shed, Nelson; 986 looms, oxfords, satins, serges, &c.; Bradford warehouse-30, Hall Ings.
- Preston and Co, Walk Mill; 525 looms, oxfords and Bradford dress goods, checks and stripes; Manchester warehouse-51, Mosley street; Bradford warehouse-26, Swaine st. Telegrams, " Walkmill, Colne."
- Richard Riley and Co, Knotts Lane Mills; 700 looms, oxfords, ticks and zephyrs. Telegrams, "Notsmil, Colne."
- W. and A. Riley, Holker Street Mill; 400 looms, muslins, zephyrs and fancy goods; Manchester office-72, George street.
- Robert Shaw and Sons, Stanley and Great Holme Mills; 69,500 spindles, 30, twist, 308/408 weft; 2,400 looms, printers and shirtings; Manchester warehouse-29A, York st. Telegrams, " Shaws, Colne."
- Trawden and Co, Viaduct Shed; 224 looms, checks and stripes.
- Richard Holroyd and Co. (and bleachers and sizers), Garden Vale Dye Works, Colne; Hamer lane, Rochdale; and Piercy street, Ancoats, Manchester; Manchester office--lA, Clarence street, Albert square. Pay day first Sat, at Rochdale
- Harry Walker, (sizer), Primet Bridge.
Foulridge. 1.5 miles N. from Colne (p91)
Laneshaw Bridge. 2 miles E. from Colne (p91)
Trawden. 2 miles S.E. from Colne (p91)
- Thomas Bannister, Black Carr Mill; 100 looms, checks and stripes, oxfords, dobbies, harvards, domestics and regattas.
- Richard Birtwistle and Co, Forest Shed; 200 looms, printers, checks, shirtings, &c. Telegrams, " Birtwistle, Trawden."
- Joseph Eccles and Co, Winewall Mill; 600 looms, fancy muslins and brocades; and Steam Mill, Fylde rd, Preston; Manchester warehouse-37, Mosley street. Pay day last Saturday.
- Lee and Co, Black Carr Mill; 100 looms, shirtings. Letters should be addressed "Lee and Co, Nelson."
- Marsden and Co, Pave Shed, Trawden Forest; 200 looms, coloured goods.
- Richard Pickles and Co, Forest Shed; 190 looms, harvards, regattas, zephyrs, oxfords and figured goods.
Sources of Information
Note: This information was scanned and therefore there may be errors due to that process.