Wilson and Elford
Elfson were motorcycles produced from 1923 to 1925 by Wilson and Elford of Aston, Birmingham.
1923 They built a lightweight, typical of the period. It had a 170cc / 293cc Norman two-stroke engine, Amac carburettor, Fellows magneto and Maplestone front forks. It had a three-speed Albion gearbox and a choice of belt or chain final-drive. For the more cost conscious, there was also a cheaper version with single speed and belt drive.
1924 A Burman gearbox replaced the Albion. A two-speed option was added and a complete sidecar outfit could be ordered. The maker's own 3hp engine was fitted.
1925 The pattern was repeated for that year and the marque then dropped from the listings.
Sources of Information
- The British Motorcycle Directory - Over 1,100 Marques from 1888 - by Roy Bacon and Ken Hallworth. Pub: The Crowood Press 2004 ISBN 1 86126 674 X
- The Encyclopedia of the Motorcycle by Peter Henshaw. Published 2007. ISBN 978 1 8401 3967 9