Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,343 pages of information and 233,846 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
1830 of Gospel Oak Works, Birmingham, and Anchor Wharf, Upper Thames Street, London, was a corresponding member of the Inst Civil Engineers.
1832 Mr Yates of Gospel Oaks Iron Works introduced Count Széchenyi and Count Andrássy, who were investigating the possibility of bridging the Danube, to Mr Clark in Hammersmith who already had three suspension bridges to his name.
1834 Dissolution of the Partnership between Samuel Walker and William Yates, at Anchor Wharf, Upper Thames-Street, London, and at the Gospel Oak Iron Works, in the County of Stafford, as Ironmasters, and carried on under the firms of Walker and Yates, and Samuel Walker and Co.