William Stewart Davidson (c1903-1949)
1950 Obituary 
"WILLIAM STEWART DAVIDSON was elected a Student of the institution in 1923, was transferred to Graduateship in 1924, and to Associate Membership in 1931.
He was educated at Robert Gordon's College, Aberdeen, and at the Royal Technical College, Glasgow, where he gained the college diploma. His apprenticeship was served between 1920 and 1924 with Messrs. T. C. Smith and Company, Ltd., of Aberdeen, electrical engineers, and with the Fairfield Shipbuilding and Engineering Company, Ltd., of Govan. He then joined Messrs. Taylor, Taylor and Hobson, of Leicester, as assistant foreman in the machine shop, and was subsequently placed in charge of the assembly of aerial cameras.
In 1928 he became associated with the Hoffmann Manufacturing Co, ball and roller bearer manufacturers, of Chelmsford, and, after acting as second in charge of the Bedaux Time Study department, was appointed chief of that office. Five years later he went to Birmingham, where he had obtained an appointment as production engineer with Messrs. Joseph Lucas, Ltd., and during the 1939-45 war was group factory manager. In October 1948 he was made a director of the new company, the Joseph Lucas (Gas Turbine Equipment), Ltd. His death occurred on 3rd March 1949, at the age of forty-six."