William Hunton (c1878-1950)
1950 Obituary 
"WILLIAM HUNTON was a Member of the Institution for fifty years, having been elected a Graduate in 1900. He became an Associate Member in 1905.
After leaving Charterhouse School in 1896 he took a three years' course in electrical engineering at University College, Bristol. He then served an apprenticeship with Messrs. Stothert and Pitt, Ltd., Bath, engineers, during 1901 and 1902, and in the following year joined the British Thomson-Houston Company, Ltd., at Rugby, where he was employed in the testing department for three years. His next appointment was that of assistant engineer to the Sunderland District Electric Tramways Co with whom he remained until 1909.
In 1915 he became associated with Messrs. Bucknell, Munro and Rogers, Ltd., Bristol, electric traction engineers, and was first engaged on the production of munitions. He was subsequently transferred to the estimating department of which he became chief in 1928. Shortly after which Mr. Hunton retired and went to live in Bath, where his death occurred on 2nd March 1950 in his seventy-second year."