William George Strype (1847-1898)
1886 Presented a paper to the Inst of Civil Engineers on Wicklow harbour improvements
1898 Obituary 
WILLIAM GEORGE STRYPE was born in Liverpool on 12th January 1847.
After being educated in Drogheda ho served his time with Messrs. Thomas Grendon and Co., Drogheda, with whom he afterwards acted as manager.
He became a Member of this Institution in 1873, at which time he was engineer to Messrs. A. Guinness Son and Co., St. James' Gate Brewery, Dublin.
In 1874-6 he was manager of the Custom-House Flour Mill, Dublin.
Removing in 1877 to Wicklow, where he resided till 1887, he was concerned in the manufacture of sulphuric acid from Irish pyrites obtained from the sulphur ore mines near Ovoca, of which he gave a description in 1879 to the Institution of Civil Engineers of Ireland.(Transactions, vol. 12, page 152).
He also took up the prevention of waste and misuse of water in Wicklow; and the use of well tubes for subaqueous trial borings with a view to foundations under water.
In 1888 he returned to Dublin. He carried out successfully several waterworks for the supply of different towns in Ireland, and also various drainage works, notably the main drainage of Blackrock and Kingstown in county Dublin.
He was a Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers, and also of that in Ireland.
His death took place in Dublin on 14th March 1898 at the age of fifty-one.
1898 Obituary