William Edward Robson (1874-1912)
1912 Obituary 
WILLIAM EDWARD ROBSON was born in 1874 and received his electrical training in the works of Messrs. E. Scott and Mountain, of Gateshead.
He was afterwards designer to Messrs. Armstrong, Whitworth & Co., the Brush Electrical Engineering Company, Loughborough, and the British Electric Plant Company, Alloa, and also conducted evening classes in electrical engineering under the Durham and Fife County Councils.
Under Messrs. Armstrong, Whitworth & Co. he designed the first application of electric power to gun and turret training on warships, and at Alloa he designed some of the earliest power systems for the driving of printing presses, factories, and collieries.
In 1906 he was appointed lecturer on machines and design at the City and Guilds Central Technical College, which position he held at the time of his death on 15th August, 1912.
He was elected a Member of the Institution in 1911.