Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,100 pages of information and 233,633 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
William Dyack (1856-1915), Burgh Surveyor of Aberdeen
1915 Obituary 
WILLIAM DYACK, born in Ireland in December, 1856, died at Aberdeen on the 8th March, 1915.
Apprenticed to the late Mr. John Willet, he subsequently acted as his chief assistant on harbour, water-supply and drainage work in Scotland.
In 1881 he joined the staff of the Great North of Scotland Railway under the late Mr. P. M. Barnett.
In 1884 he became assistant to the late Mr. William Boulton, Burgh Surveyor of Aberdeen, and in 1892 he succeeded him in that office, which he held until his death. Mr. Dyack was responsible for a great variety of important public work in Aberdeen, including tramways, roads, bridges, parks, reservoirs, the reconstruction of the sewerage system, water-supply, and sea defence works.
Mr. Dyack was elected an Associate Member of the Institution on the 3rd May, 1887, and was transferred to the class of Members on the 30th November, 1897.