Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,946 pages of information and 233,606 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
The works at Wheal Anna Maria (part of Devon Great Consols Mine) covered 3.2 hectares and had over 6,850 cubic metres of arsenic flues.
Named after Anna Maria Pender of Budock Vean, whose land it stood on.
1833 This old mine was worked from 1833 until it fell into disuse at the end of the century.
The two lodes, lying at the head of Port Navas Creek (now called Anna Maria Creek), contained rich copper, combined with silver and tiny traces of gold.