1919 Acquired Nottingham and Nottinghamshire Banking Co
1921 Acquired Beckett and Co of Leeds and York
1923 Acquired Stilwell and Sons of London
1923 the name of London County Westminster and Parr's Bank Ltd was shortened to Westminster Bank Ltd.
The bank continued to expand through acquisition
1924 Acquired Guernsey Commercial Banking Co.
By 1939 there were 1,100 branches.
1968 National Provincial Bank merged with Westminster Bank to form National Westminster Bank Plc. The two banks continued to operate separately until 1 January 1970, when they became National Westminster Bank.
Sources of Information
-  RBS Heritage