West Midland Railway
The company owned 100 miles of lines and was created in 1860 by the merger of Oxford, Worcester and Wolverhampton Railway (OW&WR), the Newport, Abergavenny and Hereford Railway (NA&HR) and the Worcester and Hereford Railway. It also leased other lines and took over the working of others.
In 1863 it was absorbed into the Great Western Railway
Sources of Information
- Encyclopedia of British Railway Companies by Christopher Awdry. Published 1990