At Frampton Cotterell
Company supplying the southern and western portions of the county of Gloucestershire, together with a large urban area forming part of the northern and eastern suburbs of the city of Bristol, and the whole of the Bristol coalfield lying to the north of the river Avon.
The source of water supply is a deep seated spring situated on property acquired by the company at Frampton Cotterell, about ten miles to the north of Bristol.
1886 Works opened - raised water from a well on the company's property by a pumping engine, constructed by Messrs. Gimson of Leicester.
Contractors were Messrs. John Howard and Co., of Basinghall-street, London, superintended by Mr. Henry J. Marten, Westminster, the engineer to the company. Most of the pipes were made by Messrs. J. and S. Roberts, of West Bromwich.