Grace's Guide To British Industrial History

Registered UK Charity (No. 115342)

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,919 pages of information and 233,587 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,919 pages of information and 233,587 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

West Burton Power Station

From Graces Guide

The West Burton power stations are a pair of power stations (A and B) on the River Trent near Gainsborough, Lincolnshire.

  • A is a coal-fired power station, which was commissioned in 1968
  • B is a combined cycle gas turbine power station, commissioned in 2011.

West Burton A was the second example of a 2000MW power station built by the CEGB. It suffered from severe damage to one steam turbine during commissioning which resulted in a detailed investigation and modification to this and subsequent units.[1]

Both A and B stations were owned and operated by CEGB, then by National Power at privatisation.

1996 Acquired by the Eastern Group which became TXU Europe.

2001 TXU Europe sold the station to London Electricity Group. EDF Energy operated the West Burton power stations from 2001

2021 The 1332 MW Combined Cycle Gas Turbine power station and 49MW battery at West Burton B were sold to EIG.

See Also

Loading...

Sources of Information

  1. [1] CEGB story