Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 143,446 pages of information and 230,060 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of the Premier Gun Works, Lancaster Street; of Weaman Street and of Slaney Street, Birmingham
1790 A business was established by William Davis who made bullet shot and was the father-in-law of Philip Webley
1897 Public company. The company was registered on 18 October, as the Webley and Scott Revolver and Arms Co, to take over the businesses of P. Webley and W. and C. Scott and Son and Richard Ellis and Sons. 
1906 Name changed.
1907 Selling Hispano-Suiza
1910 Producers of gun, rifles and revolvers. 
1914 Manufacturers of military and sporting guns, rifles, revolvers and automatic pistols. 
1937 Signal pistol manufacturers and general engineers. 
1939 See Aircraft Industry Suppliers
1958 The R. H. Windsor holding company acquired a majority interest in Webley and Scott, general engineers and gun makers; Webley and Scott in turn acquired a majority holding in R. H. Windsor; the merger would provide extra capacity for Windsor machines ; as part of this, Webley and Scott also acquired Klaxon Co
1959 Moved from Weaman Street to new factory at West Bromwich
1961 General engineers, manufacturing sporting guns, air pistols and air rifles, revolvers and humane killers. Also manufacture aircraft components. 370 employees.