Walton-on-the-Naze Gasworks
1867 The P.O. Directory listed P. Brough as Proprietor of the gasworks.
By 1870 Kelly's Directory listed Peter Schylor Bruff as proprietor of the Walton-on-the-Naze Gas & Water Works.
1872 a new gasworks was opened, designed by Jabez Church and Son. The gas undertaking was operated by the Tendring Hundreds Water Company.
By 1932 a bulk supply of gas was received from Clacton Gasworks, delivered to Kirby Cross Holder Station and gas production at Walton ceased.
1949 The gas business was vested in the Eastern Gas Board, leaving the Water Company to continue as such.
See Also
Sources of Information
- The Manufactured Gas Industry in England: Volume 3 Gazetteer. Historic England
[[Category: ]]
