Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 133,103 pages of information and 210,773 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Walker and Hall of Electro-works, Howard Street, Sheffield were silversmiths and cutlers
c.1840 George Walker, a Sheffield cutler, and Dr. Wright, a surgeon of Attercliffe, worked out the process of electroplating and formed a business together, presumably Walker and Co (of Sheffield)
1843 Henry Hall was a Worcester solicitor and a man of business. When electroplating was invented in 1843 (sic), Walker, financed by Hall, set up the first plant in Sheffield, their formal partnership dating from 1845.
1845 Company founded.
Hall married Ann Bingham
By 1852 there were 20 employees
1856 Ann's 16-year-old nephew, John, joined the nineteen employees of Walker & Hall.
1865 Dissolution of the Partnership between George Walker, Henry Hall, and John Edward Bingham, carrying on business at Sheffield, in the county of York, as Electroplaters, Gilders, and Bronzers, and Manufacturers of Silver and Electro-plated Goods, under the style or firm of Walker and Hall, so far as regards George Walker. Henry Hall and John Edward Bingham continued the businesses under the same style
1872 Henry Hall retired from the partnership. John Bingham's younger brother Charles became a partner.
1894 1,500 employees reported. 
1914 Manufacturers of gold and sterling silver goods, cutlery and electro-plate. 
1920 Private company.
1956-64 Peter Inchbald was the Managing Director