Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 143,440 pages of information and 230,054 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
W. T. Flather Ltd of Standard Steel Works, Sheffield (1910) and 28, Westminster Bridge Rd., London, S.E.1. (1935)
Later the business was extended by the acquisition of the Love Street Steel Works.
1884 The partnership of David Flather and Sons, edge tool manufacturers and steel makers was dissolved.
At some point the steels business was separated from David Flather and Sons.
1886 The firm interested itself in the manufacture of special steels for cycle construction and the production of bright drawn steels.
1908 Death of William Thomas Flather, managing director.
1912 New works were built.
1913 February. Work was started at the Standard Steel Works, Tinsley.
1919 At an EGM of the company held at the Standard Steel Works, Tinsley, Sheffield, it was agreed as desirable to reconstruct the Company, and accordingly that the Company be wound up voluntarily; David Flather, of Standard Steel Works, was appointed Liquidator; and to the registration, of a new Company, to be named W. T. Flather Ltd
1937 Steel manufacturers. "Keystone", "Silkut", "Krombus", "Nykos" and "Ubas" Steels. 
1939 See Aircraft Industry Suppliers
1962 Merger talks with Halesowen Steel Co to form Flather Halesowen.
1965 The integration of the Flather and Halesowen companies had been completed; the 2 constituent companies continued to have separate boards in the new entity.
1967 One of the larger steel companies not subject to nationalisation
1967 Kirkstall Forge Engineering's Steel Bar Division, which had a poor profit record, was sold to Flather Halesowen Ltd of Sheffield. A jointly-owned sales company was also established Kirkstall Bright Steels Ltd