1946. From The British Trade Journal. March edition.
of Ladybellegate Street, Gloucester, Gloucestershire. Telephone: Gloucester 2255 (2 lines) Telegraphic Address: "Barron, Gloucester"
- 1903 W. S. Barron and Son, an engineering firm noted for provender mill plant, started at Kingsholm.
- 1914 Milling engineers, millwrights and millstone manufacturers. Specialities: provender grinding machinery, warehouse and grain conveyor plants, flour milling machinery, composition millstones, millstones of French burr stones, patent "Dreadnought" grinders, "Super-Dreadnought" grinder, "Dreadnought" millstones. Employees 36 to 40. 
- 1930s Rented floors in Britannia Warehouse, Gloucester Docks.
- 1934 W. S. Barron and Son was building a factory in Bristol Road, when it started a collaboration with the milling engineers Henry Simon Ltd. of Stockport, Cheshire.
- 1937 British Industries Fair Advert for Grinders and Pulverisers; Sifting, Mixing and Dressing Machinery; Complete Provender Plants. (Engineering/Metals/Quarry, Roads and Mining/Transport Section - Stand No. D.611) 
- 1944 Patent - Improvements in crushing mills.
- 1951 Patent - Improvements relating to grinding mills.
Sources of Information