(William) Hemingway Mills, C.E., Chief Engineer of the Great Northern of Ireland Railway company.
c.1834 Born in Bradford, son of Charles and Hannah Mills
1851 Charles Mills 45, railway superintendent carriage depot, widower, lived in Litchurch with William T Mills 16, apprentice civil engineer and Mary Ann Mills 12
1861 Living in Elgin, Scotland, when he married Emma Chamberlain in Knotty Ash, Lancs
Between 1876 and 1884, as Chief Engineer of the GNRI, Mills prepared plans for the Seville Place bridge, Dublin, with ten lines of way; a new iron roof for the goods warehouse at Navan; a water-tank at Cookstown; a public road over bridge at Lurgan; Dungannon footbridge; Sheriff Street bridge, Dublin, and Windmill Road bridge, Dundalk, each with four lines of way; Beragh footbridge; and girders for the booking hall of Amiens Street Station, Dublin; in addition to the principal part of the permanent way fastenings used on that line during the period in question. All of these projects were carried out by Courtney, Stephens and Bailey of Dublin.
1882 W. Hemingway Mills, C.E., Vice President of the Institution of Civil Engineers of Ireland read a paper on the Mexican Railway. He was for several years engineer and general manager of the Mexican Railway. 
1918 Died in Dublin