W. Gardiner and Co
of 12, Redcroes Street, London, E.C., and York Street and Clarence Street, Sydney, N.S.W.
Australian Merchants and Warehousemen
Established in 1861 in Sydney, in 1863 in London, by William Gardiner.
Incorporated as a Limited Company in New South Wales in 1899.
1914 Directors: W. H. Gardiner, T. J. Hitchman, W. L. Roberts. Secretary: T. F. Edgar. Premises: Buying and Shipping Offices and Packing Rooms in London; Warehouses of eight floors with nearly three acres of floor space in York Street and Clarence Street, Sydney; Sample Rooms in Newcastle, N.S.W., and Brisbane, Queensland. Staff: London, nineteen; N.S.W., 110. Business: General Warehouse trade with Storekeepers throughout New South Wales and the other Colonies of the Commonwealth, also large business with the various groups of the Pacific Islands.