Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 134,691 pages of information and 213,769 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
William Barrows & Sons of Bloomfield Iron Works, Tipton, Tipton Green Iron Works, Factory Works, Tipton, Staffordshire (1873)
of Bloomfield Iron Works, Tipton, Staffordshire.
History of businesses which used Bloomfield Ironworks:
1862 The partnership at Bloomfield Ironworks became W. Barrows and Sons who, since 1859, had been operating the Factory Works and Tipton Green Works.
1863 William Barrows (1801-1863) of Himley died in Stafford; his sons William, of Sedgley, Thomas Hill Barrows of Abercamlais, and Joseph of Himley, were all ironmasters
1868 W. Barrows and Son were operating Bloomfield iron works, as well as Factory and Tipton Green according to "The Iron Trade in South Staffordshire and East Worcestershire" . A total of 97 puddling furnaces and 10 rolling mills.
1873 Barrows had three iron works - Bloomfield Iron Works, Tipton; Tipton Green Iron Works; Factory Works, Tipton. Collectively they had 100 puddling furnaces
1881 Advert for William Barrows and Sons. B B H Trade Mark.
1887 'HAGLEY. DEATH OF MR. WILLIAM BARROWS.— It is with regret that we record the death of Mr. W. Barrows, late of this place, at Torquay, a few days ago. The deceased gentleman was 62 years of age, and leaves a family of two sons and two daughters. Mr. Barrows was the son of the late William Barrows, of Himley, and together with his father and Messrs. T. H. and Joseph Barrows formed the firm of Messrs. Barrows and Son., of Bloomfield Ironworks, whose special brands of iron have achieved a world-wide repatation. Mr. William Barrows was at one time colonel of the Wolverhampton Volunteers. He was also a magistrate for the countiee of Worcester and Stafford. He retired from the firm four years ago, and about the same time left the district for the South of England. He married a German lady of high connection, and during their stay in the district both Colonel and Mrs. Barrow were much respected by their neighbours.'