Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 133,801 pages of information and 211,901 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Wallace Atherton McCurd produced commercial vehicles at Slough from 1913. He was an automobile engineer and believed to be a one-man business initially
1912 A 5-ton chassis produced and made until 1914 with a 32.4hp engine
1913 Limited company formed
W. A. McCurd was a London car dealer.
1913-1917 For a list of the models and prices of Petrol Motor Commercial Vehicles see the 1917 Red Book
1920 McCurd relocated to Hayes in Middlesex, from Cricklewood. From there it offered a PSV chassis with four-wheel brakes.
Then later again moved to Slough where the company's name then changed to McCurd Motors.
They offered a normal control chassis with a drop frame and pneumatic tyres for up to 26 seats.
1927 The competition was too fierce and production ceased.