Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 125,917 pages of information and 196,583 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Bath Street, Birmingham
of Warwick St, Birmingham (1896)
The company of William Arthur Lloyd
1894 Announcement. 'W. A. LLOYD & Co.- This company has been registered with a capital of £10,000, in £10 shares; the objects being to acquire and take over as a going concern the business of cycling and sewing-machine fittings manufacturers carried on by A. William Lloyd and John Blyth, at Clyde Works, Lionel Street, and Regent Works, Warwick Street, Birmingham. The first directors are: Alfred Ash, Thomas Blyth, Charles B. Blyth, and after adoption of purchase agreement William A. Lloyd and John Blyth. Qualification for office, the holding of 20 shares in his own right. Remuneration of chairman 30gs. per annum ; ordinary directors 20gs. per annum. William A. Lloyd and John Blyth are the managing directors at a salary of £3. 10s. per week each.'
1896 Maker of cycle components
1897 Liquidation of the business.
presumably became W. A. Lloyds Cycle Fittings