Vincent Watson (c1878-1951)
1951 Obituary 
"VINCENT WATSON was associated with the Royal Arsenal, Woolwich, during the whole of his career. He attended night classes at Woolwich Polytechnic, gaining first-class honours in the examinations of the City and Guilds of London Institute for mechanical engineering; he later taught for a time at Woolwich Polytechnic.
After serving his apprenticeship in the Royal Laboratory from 1894 to 1900, he was employed as a journeyman for two years. He was then transferred to the inspection department as an examiner of gun ammunition and from 1904 to 1912 was closely concerned with the examination and criticism of the design of ammunition for guns of all types and calibres.
On the conclusion of a period of service as assistant foreman and foreman in charge of examination of the foregoing he was appointed, in 1917, chief draughtsman, ammunition divisions, with responsibility to the chief inspector of armaments. After holding this position for twenty-two years he became an assistant inspector in the same department and finally in 1945 was promoted to be deputy inspector. Mr. Watson, whose death occurred on 25th March 1951 in his seventy-third year, was elected an Associate Member of the Institution in 1919. He was a man of strong religious beliefs and held offices at Eltham Methodist Church up to the time of his death."