Opened in 1852, this 115 ft span iron bridge is of unusual design.
Originally built as a Fairbairn-type box girder bridge by the Norfolk Railway to carry a tramway and a road across the River Bure to the Gt. Yarmouth South Quays. In 1886 the Great Eastern Railway wished to upgrade the bridge for full railway loading. To achieve this they added trussed arches, riveted to the existing box girders. These accommodated vertical suspension hangers, thereby converting the bridge to a bowstring bridge. A separate pedestrian bridge was added on the south side.
Extensive repairs were carried out in 1929. In 1953 its poor condition led to it being closed to vehicles, but rail traffic continued until 1975.. It was partially restored recently, and reopened for pedestrians and cyclists in 2013. Good photographs here showing the bridge before and after partial restoration.