Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,108 pages of information and 233,634 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of 2, Bristol Chambers, Nicholas Street, Bristol; 69, Lots Road, Chelsea, London, S.W.; Victoria Wharves, Plymouth; Park Road, Easton, Isle of Portland; Parkend (Forest of Dean), Gloucestershire; Porthgain Quarries, Letterston, R.S.O., Pembrokeshire.
Quarry Owners and Masonry Contractors
Incorporated as a Limited Company in 1909, as an amalgamation of the following Companies: Forest of Dean Stone Firms, Ltd. (Trotter, Thomas and Co., David and Sant, Ltd., George Smith and Sons, Porter Brothers, and Wilderness Brick and Stone Co., Ltd.); E. Turner and Sons; E. R. Payne and Sons, Ltd.; George A. Watson and Co., Ltd.; South Luogh Quarry Co., Ltd.; Andrews and Provis; Hard Stone Firms, Ltd. (The De Lank Granite Co., Bristol Pennant Stone Firms, Ltd., Keinton Stone Co., and Joseph Seymour); Grice and Co., Ltd. (London); Duke and Co., Ltd.; and New Portland Quarries, Ltd. Directors: M. W. Colchester-Wemyss, D.L., J.P. (Chairman), A. W. Page, J.P., J. A. Wright and W. H. Turner. General Manager: Walter Bryant. Premises: Large Head Offices at Bristol, and about eighteen sub-offices. Own and work Quarries all over the West and South West of England. Staff: Several hundreds. Specialities: Stone and Masonry of every description. Own large fleet of steamers. C:aim to be the largest Quarry Owners in the United Kingdom.