Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 132,627 pages of information and 209,984 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Strand Road, Preston, makers of trams.
1898 The Electric Railway and Tramway Carriage Works was registered on 25 April to acquire works at Preston, Lancashire.
1905 The company took over two other works, the name being then changed to United Electric Car Co .
1917 Dick, Kerr and Co, also in Strand Road, Preston, acquired the United Electric Car Co, makers of trams.
1919 The Dick, Kerr and United Electric Car Works were acquired by the English Electric Co.