United Baltic Corporation
1919 founded as partnership between Andrew Weir and Co and East Asiatic Co., Copenhagen to operate passenger and cargo services from Poland and the Baltic States to London (East India Docks) where emigrants would trans-ship to America-bound liners.
1922 the London berth became Hays Wharf in the Pool of London
1930s a service to Newcastle was started.
1946 services to Poland were resumed as well as calls at Finnish ports. The Polish service to Hays Wharf was then run jointly with Polish Ocean Lines.
1947 The last passenger ship was sold to Greece.
1982 Andrew Weir and Co became sole owners.
Sources of Information
- United Baltic Line