Turbine Steamers Ltd., operator of pleasure steamers on the Clyde
Presumably the business of Captain John Williamson.
1901 The Turbine Steamer Syndicate was set up
1902 The name of the business was changed to Turbine Steamers Ltd.
1926 The company had ordered 4 turbine steamers, including the King George V, constructed by William Denny and Brothers, Ltd., of Dumbarton, with engines by the Parsons Marine Steam Turbine Co Ltd, of Wallsend. The first was launched in April 1926.
1927 The King Edward was transferred to Williamson-Buchanan Steamers Ltd
Sources of Information
- The Caledonian Steam Packet Company: An Illustrated History By Alistair Deayton
- The Times , Apr 30, 1926
- The Times, Oct 23, 1926
- The Times, Oct 05, 1935