of Tannery, Exeter, Devon. Telephone: Exeter 2636. Cables: "Tannery, Exeter"
c.1830 Business founded
1934 Public company incorporated which acquired as a going concern Tremlett's Tannery Co Ltd
1947 British Industries Fair Advert as Manufacturers of "Three Castles" Bends, Soles and Insole Leather for the Manufacture and Repair of Boots and Shoes; also for Dressing and Mechanical Purposes. (Leather Goods Section - Earls Court, 1st Floor, Stand No. 408b) 
1949 Major fire at the Exeter site but the effects were mitigated to an extent by moving work to another tannery
1968 After several years of poor profits, the company decided to dispose of its Exeter site and to diversify the business
1973 Acquired F. A. Standen from Hawtin. Sold the print and packaging interests to Jefferson Smurfit. Acquired Peerless Industrial Securities (previously Peerless Built-In Furniture). stock market quoted was suspended.
1975 Capital reconstruction was necessary because of the financial deficit arising from Tower acquisition. Sold 5 timber and materials companies to International Timber to reduce debt - these were George and Tudor, Waterman and Ross, Shepherd Brothers (Somerset), J. W. Jacob and Irvin and Sellers
1977 The holding company was acquired by a private company with Danish connections