The basin is adjacent to Pontcysyllte Aqueduct.
There are two bridges at the basin which use cast iron arches to carry roads over the canals serving the basin. Similar construction is found on another nearby canal bridge at Chirk Bank. They are very early examples of the use of cast iron arch ribs for bridges over canals. One of the bridges at Trefor Basin, Scotch Hall Bridge (No.29), has been dated at c.1804-5. Thomas Telford is claimed to have been the designer.