Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 127,442 pages of information and 201,029 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Trafalgar House plc was a conglomerate with interests in property investment, property development, engineering, construction, shipping, hotels, energy and publishing.
1957 Incorporated as a private company Eastern International Property Investments Ltd
1962 Name changed to Trafalgar House Ltd
1963 Public company incorporated, for purposes of property development and investment; the company owned several subsidiaries and a substantial property portfolio.
1973 Brought all of its offshore supply activities into one division: Offshore Marine
1974 Sold several subsidiaries which made concrete pipes
1982 Bought Redpath Dorman Long from British Steel for £10 million. Unions representing the 3,200 RDL workforce feared for major job losses. Eventually merged with Cleveland Bridge and Engineering Co. From the 1st October the structural engineering division was controlled under the collective umbrella of Cleveland Redpath Engineering Holdings.