Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,124 pages of information and 233,665 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Part of Liverpool Docks
The dock was originally opened in 1841, enlarged between 1882-8 by George Fosbery Lyster and reopening in 1888.
Toxteth Dock railway station was opened in 1893 as part of the Liverpool Overhead Railway. It closed in 1956 and was demolished in 1957.
For many years, the dock was home to the Harrison Line.
The dock closed in 1972 and has since been filled in