Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,455 pages of information and 233,880 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
The Tirhut Railway (originally Tirhoot Railway) was originally owned by the Provincial Government, ownership was later transferred to the Government of India.
The Tirhut Railway was worked by the Government of India as part of the Indian State Railways from opening to late 1886, as the Tirhoot State Railway from late 1886 to 30 June 1890 and by the Bengal and North Western Railway from 1 July 1890.
By the end of 1879, 82 miles were in operation.
1885 226 miles long.
c.1920 Tirhoot Railway absorbed Segowlie-Raxaul Railway in around 1920.
1943 The Tirhut Railway was merged into the Oudh and Tirhut Railway on 1 January 1943.