Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 138,218 pages of information and 223,604 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of River Stour Works, Stourbridge, Worcestershire (now West Midlands). Telephone: Lye 183 and 184. Telegraphic Address: "Timmis, Lye"
The River Stour Works of Timmis Brothers (later Timmis and Co Ltd) was located on The Stourbridge Railway just to the west of Lye station. 
The works was started by G. H. Timmis and his brother J. A. Timmis to mine clay from underneath Stourbridge and Amblecote.
c.1871 The company started around 1871.
1882 They were sending out clay by rail from their own siding connected to the Great Western Railway.
1937 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. Firebricks, including Rayax (Sillimanite), Lava (42 per cent. Alumina), Timmis (Cone 30 and Cone33), Timfix Cold Setting Cements, Firetiles, Suspended Arch Blocks, Recuperator Blocks, Boiler Seating Blocks, Flue Covers, Fireplace Interiors. (Stand Nos. Cb.803 and Cb.702) 
1945 The company was registered as having five mines at the River Stour Works at Amblecote Bank.
c1947-c1968 The company had a 4wPM Fordson Locomotive. The locomotive was out of use by 1967 and gone by 1969.
The River Stour Works is now an industrial estate, the entry road to which is appropriately called Timmis Road.