This is a railway bridge with lattice girders, crossing the River Tilt in Blair Atholl, Perthshire.
Built in 1863 for the Inverness and Perth Junction Railway. It was designed by Joseph Mitchell, and the wrought ironwork was produced by the William Fairbairn and Sons of Manchester. Castellated masonry towers appear to have served no purpose other than to satisfy the Duke of Atholl.
Some stiffening steelwork was added by the LMS in the 1920s.
For more information and location map, see Canmore entry.
Note: Several other viaducts were built in the locality for the Inverness and Perth Junction Railway, using Fairbairn's lattice girders. The Tay Viaduct, Dalguise, remains in use as a railway crossing over the Tay. The Logierait Viaduct is now used for a minor road. Ballinluig Viaduct, which carried the branch line over the River Tummel, was scrapped and replaced by the present A827 road bridge.