Tilley and Co
of 166 Blackfriars Road, London.
formerly Hopwood and Tilley
1828 The Partnership of William Joshua Tilley and William Morton, of 166, Blackfriars-Road, Surrey, Fire-Engine-Makers, was dissolved on the 31st day of December 1828; the business of Tilley and Co would be carried on by William Joshua Tilley only.
1845 James Shand joined the business as manager
1850 At the end of the year, Mr Tilley retired and the business became Shand and Mason
1861 William Joshua Tilley was recorded in a directory as a Fire Engine Maker, of the same address as Shand and Mason
Sources of Information
- London Gazette 9 January 1829
- 1861 Post Office Directory