Thomas Piggott and Co
of Spring Hill, Birmingham
1822 Company established.
1879 Joined by partner.
1880s Advertisement dated 1882 or 1888 shows a horizontal compound steam engine and states that they make machines for mechanical refrigeration. It also identifies three separate works:-
- Spring Hill Works (Gas engineers, ironfounders, boiler, bridge, girder and gasholder makers).
- Atlas Works, Oozells Street (Engine builders, hydraulic and general engineers, coppersmiths and ironfounders. Note: see also Atlas Engine Co and Duvallon and Lloyd
- Hooper Street Works (waterworks engineers, boiler makers).
1892 Incorporated as a limited company.
1903 Supplied riveted steel water main, of 39 inch diameter, with Kimberley flanged joints, for the Pelton Wheel at Cwm Avon Works.
1914 General engineers. Specialities: gasholders, gas plants, large welded and riveted steel pipes, patent steel-pressed, steel and other tanks. 
1934 The Spring Hill works were closed
1935 Guest, Keen and Piggotts closed.
Sources of Information
- Stationary Steam Engine Makers Vol 2 Compiled by George Watkins, Landmark Publishing Ltd, 2006
- The Stock Exchange Year Book 1908
- Peck's Trades Directory of Birmingham, 1896-97: Advertisers
- 1914 Whitakers Red Book
- The Times, Jun 27, 1925
- The Times, Jun 18, 1930
- The Times, Jul 19, 1933
- The Times, Jun 22, 1934