Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 140,632 pages of information and 227,383 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Falcon Works, Waterloo Street, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. (1947)
1885 The Falcon Pottery was founded by Thomas Lawrence, the original site being on the corner of Wharf Street, Stoke. The Longton works were erected ten years later. In the same year he took into partnership his nephew, John Grundy.
1932 Lawrence died and Grundy became the sole proprietor.
1938 The business was formed into a limited company. The directors of Shaw and Copestake acquired the company and the name was changed to Thomas Lawrence (Longton) Limited.
Until a suitable factory was built on land opposite the old Shaw and Copestake works, the two companies operated independently for nineteen years.
1947 Advert in British Industries Fair Catalogue as Exhibiting Member of the British Pottery Manufacturers' Federation of Federation House, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. Composite Exhibit. (Pottery and Glassware Section - Olympia, Ground Floor, Stand No. A.1235) 
1957 New works were opened at Barford Street, Longton. At this time 140 people were employed.
1964 With new premises the two businesses gradually merged and the Falcon Mark of Thomas Lawrence ceased.