British Industrial History
The Engineer 1924/06/20
From Graces Guide
1924 June 20th PDF
- A Blast Furnace in New Zealand, p 690 - p 691.
- A Combined Lathe and Milling Machine, p 686. (Illustrated).
- A Motor Passenger Liner Aorangi, p 694 - p 695. (Illustrated).
- A Seven-Day Journal, p 675.
- A Sketch of the Industrial History of the Coalbrookdale District, by Rhys Jenkins, - Newcomen Society, p 694.
- Blast Furnace Plant Onakaka, New Zealand, p 688 and p 690. (Illustrated).
- "Cindervane" Fan For Stepney Power House, p 696. (Illustrated).
- Copper and Electrical Power in South Africa, p 683.
- Editorial, p 689 - p 690.
- Institution of Gas Engineers, p 696 - p 697.
- Launches and Trial Trips, p 697.
- 'Atlantida' steamer by Workman, Clark and Co to the order of the Standards Fruit and Steamship Co.
- 'Inverbank' twin-screw motor vessel by Harland and Wolff to the order of the Bank Line.
- 'Munshi' train ferry steamship by W. Denny and Brothers, to the order of the Crown Agents for the Colonies.
- 'Sliedrecht' motor vessel by Rotterdamsche Droogdok Maatschappij to the order of the Stoonwaart Maatschappij de Maas. Engines by Harland and Wolff.
- 'Birchbank' twin-screw motor vessel by Harland and Wolff to the order of Andrew Weir and Co.
- 'Koodoo' twin-screw steamer by Thornycroft to the order of the Union-Castle Mail Steamship Co.
- 'Marsella' twin-screw steamer by Rotterdamsche Droogdok Maatschappij.
- 'Forestash' self-trimming collier by Swan, Hunter and Wigham Richardson, to the order of the Forest Shipping Co. Engines by MacColl and Pollock.
- 'Dewstone' self-trimming collier by Swan, Hunter and Wigham Richardson, to the order of the Crete Shipping Co.
- 'Safaja' steel screw motor tug by J. Samuel White and Co to the order of the Egyptian and Sudan Government. Engines by Vickers-Petters.
- 'Shanklin' paddle steamer by Thornycroft to the order of the Southern Railway Co.
- 'British Maiden' motor tanker by James Pollock, Sons and Co to the order of British Tankers.
- 'Stourgate' motor tanker by James Pollock, Sons and Co to the order of the Anglo-American Oil Co.
- 'Medomsley steel screw-steamer by Palmers Shipbuilding and Iron Co, to the order of the Medomsley Steam Shipping Co.
- 'Iossifoglu motor ship by Swan, Hunter and Wigham Richardson to the order of the Ionian Marine and Land Investment Co.
- 'Soborg' steamer by William Gray and Co to the order of Mr C. K. Hanson of Copenhagen.
- 'Sentry' single-screw steamer by the Tyne Iron Shipbuilding Co to the order of Fisher Renwick Manchester-London Steamers. Engines by the North Eastern Marine Engineering Co.
- Letters to the Editor, p 683.
- Main Line Railway Electrification, by Sir Philip Dawson and S. Parker Smith (No. III) Switzerland, p 684 - p 685.
- Obituaries, p 682 - p 683.
- Sixty Years Ago, p 683.
- The 1924 British Empire Exhibition, Engineering Exhibits (No. IX), p 676 - p 682. (Illustrated).
- General Engineering Exhibits.
- The Australian Section
- The Efficiency of Power Supply, p 690.
- The International Congress of Refrigeration, p 685 - p 686.
- The Pipe Lines of the Moncenisio Hydro-electric Plant, by S. L. R. Holliss, p 692 - p 694. (Illustrated).
Sources of Information