British Industrial History
The Engineer 1920/05/28
From Graces Guide
1920 May 28th PDF
- Alignment Meter for Turbine Gearing, p 559.
- A New Quick-Return Broaching Machine, p 554 and p 558 - p 559.(Illustrated).
- A Secret Common Battery Intercommunication Telephone System, p 550 - p 551. (Illustrated).
- British Patent Specifications, p 565.
- Editorial, p 555 - p 556.
- A Man's a Man for a'That"
- "Still Awaiting the Railway Policy."
- "Power Supply to Factories".
- Iron and Steel Institute, No III Adjourned Annual Meeting at Sheffield, Dr J. E. Stead President in The Chair, p 547 - p 549.
- "Chromium Steels: Effect of Heat Treatment on Electrical Resistivity" by Professor C. A. Edwards.
- "The Structure of Some Chromium Steels" by J. H. G. Monypenny.
- "The Effect of Initial Temperature Upon the Physical Properties of Steel" by J. H. Andrew, J. E. Rippon, C. P. Miller and A. Wragg.
- "Brittleness in Nickel-Chrome and Other Steels" by Dr F. Rogers.
- "The Effect of Various Elements on the Electrical Resistivity of Iron" by A. L. Norbury.
- "Structural Constitution, Hardening and Tempering of High-speed Steel Containing Chronium and Tungsten" by Messrs Kotaro Honda and Takejiro Murakami.
- Launches and Trial Trips, p 566.
- Letters to the Editor, p 552.
- Piston Valves vs "D" Valves by H. L. Senior.
- Dorada Ropeway by J. K. Hoyle.
- Defence of The Open Fire.
- The Price of Copper Tubes by Gerard A. Muntz.
- Cost of Living in Japan.
- Steam Boiler Efficiency by James Dunlop.
- Locomotive Footplate Experiences, No I, p 545.
- Shawinigan Falls Electric Power Plant, p 549.
- Some Railway Operating Problems, by Major-General Sir Henry W. Thornton, p 560 - p 561.
- The British Non-Ferrous Mining Industry, p 552.
- The Electrification of Holland, p 557. (Illustrated).
- The Machine Shop Extensions at Witton Works, p 558. (Illustrated).
- The Organisation of Payment by Results, p 552.
- The Willans Line by Alexander Jude, p 545 - p 547.
- Timing Diesel Engine Valves, p 559.
Sources of Information