The Engineer 1920/05/21
From Graces Guide
1920 May 21st PDF
- Contents, p 531.
- A New Large Gas Engine, p 526 - p 527 and after p 530. (Illustrated).
- A Note on the Lubrication of Diesel Engines by Harold Moore, p 525.
- British Waterworks Association, p 533.
- Coal Dust and Fusain, p 525.
- Driving Piles Through Ice, p 533.
- Dynamometer Car for The Swiss State Railways, p 530 and p 534 - p 537. (Illustrated).
- Editorial, p 531 - p 532.
- Flight at High Altitudes, p 520 - p 521. (Illustrated).
- Hardness Testing of Metals, p 527.
- Institution of Municipal and County Engineers, p 525.
- Iron and Steel Institute No II, Dr J. E. Stead President in the Chair, p 521 - p 524.
- "Electricity in Steel Works" by C. A. Ablett.
- "Slag Conditions in Open-Hearth Basic Steel-Making Practice" by Jonathan F. Wilson.
- "The Reduction of Silicon from the Slag in the Acid Open-Hearth Process" by B. Yaneske and G. A. Wood.
- "Some Defects in Electro-Deposited Iron" by W. E. Hughes.
- "A Note on 'The Ball Test'" by Thomas Baker and Thomas F. Russell.
- "The Distribution of Phosphous in Steel between the Points Ac1 and Ac3" by J. H. Whiteley.
- "Practical Notes on The Design and Treatment of Steel Castings" by George F. Preston.
- Letters to the Editor, p 528.
- Links in The History of Engineering by Rhys Jenkins No XII, An Unpublished Book on The Steam Engine: Trevithick, p 519 - p 520.
- Obituaries, p 533.
- Subterranean Infiltration Galleries for a Water Supply, p 537.
- The Hooghly and Port of Calcutta, p 525.
- The Organisation of Payment by Results, p 528.
- The Swedish Engineering and Shipbuilding Industries, p 524 - p 525.
- The United States Battleship Tennessee, p 538. (Illustrated).
- Three-Cylinder Superheater Locomotives, North Eastern Railway, p 524. (Illustrated).
- Sir Vincent L. Raven.