British Industrial History
The Engineer 1903/11/06
From Graces Guide
1903 November 06th PDF
- Bacterial Treatment of Sewage, p448.
- Boring and Facing Machine, p453 (Illustrated).
- Circulation in Water Tube Boilers, p451.
- Editorial, p455.
- Sir William Whites Presidential Address
- Proposed German Steel Trust
- Break of Gauge in India
- Armoured Concrete.
- Governing Gas and Petrol Engines, p457.
- Hard Wood Chopping Machine, p446 (Illustrated).
- Heavy Goods Engine for the Bengal Nagpur Railway, p448, p449 (Illustrated).
- Industrial Car Trials in Paris, p447.
- Institution of Civil Engineers, p450.
- Launches and Trial Trips, p462.
- SS Manchester Port, Built by Furness, Withy and Co, Order of Manchester Liner, Constructed by Richardsons, Westgarth and Co
- SS Reichenfels, Built by Swan, Hunter and Wigham Richardson
- SS Kildare, Built by Craig, Taylor and Co, Order of Kilsyth Shipping Co, Constructed by North Eastern Marine Engineering Co
- SS Wilster, Built by Irvine's Shipbuilding and Dry Docks Co, Order by Trechman Steamship Co, Constructed by Blair and Co
- SS Troutpool, Built by Ropner and Son, Order of Pool Shipping Co
- SS Manchester Merchant, Built by Northumberland Shipbuilding Co, Order of Manchester Liner, Constructed by Richardsons, Westgarth and Co, built for North Atlantic Service.
- SS Alicia, built by William Gray and Co., to the order of Messrs. Metcalfe, Simpson and Co; constructed by Central Marine Works, builders
- SS Sheila, Built by William Doxford and Sons, Order by Weddel, Turner and Co
- SS Egret, Built by Swan, Hunter and Wigham Richardson
- Frederic Fryer, Built by William Simons and Co
- SS Corinthia, Built by R. Craggs and Sons, Order by D. G. Moraitis, Constructed by Richardsons, Westgarth and Co
- Letters to the Editor, p458.
- Lowest Tender, p448.
- Steam-Driven Air Compressor, p457.
- Unsinkable Ships, p457.
- What are "Earnings", p453 (Illustrated).
- Wind-driven electricity Works, p450
Sources of Information