British Industrial History
The Engineer 1898/06/24
From Graces Guide
1898 June 24th PDF
- Combustion in Water Tube Boilers - James Weir, p612.
- Dangers of Overhead Wires, p609.
- Death, p603.
- Dockyard Notes, p608.
- Editorial, p603.
- Lead and Phosphorus Poisoning
- Effects of the Workmen's Compensation Act
- Wires and Fires
- Yorkshire Coalowners and the Railway Contracts
- Employers Insurance Against Accidents
- Electric Traction on the Metropolitan Railway
- Collieries and the Workmen's Compensation Act.
- Engineers and Shipbuilders in Sheffield:- Meeting of the Institution of Engineers and Shipbuilders of Scotland, p606.
- Engines of HMS Albion, p602, p607 (Illustrated).
- Launch pf H.M Battleship Albion, p605.
- Letters to the Editor, p611.
- Jane Naval War Game at the United Service Institution, p595.
- Kidderminster and Stourport Electric Tramway, p594, p596 (Illustrated).
- Members of Parliament at Portsmouth, p592.
- Old Locomotives, Dublin and Kingstown Railway, p609, p610 (Illustrated).
- R. Cronin, (Locomotive Superintendent)
- 1840 Locomotives built by the Dublin and Kingstown Company:
- Railway Projects in Russia, p608.
- Results of a Private Workmen's Compensation Scheme, p591.
- Some Theoretical Aspects of Acetylene Manufacture, p591.
- South African Engineering Notes, p610.
Sources of Information