The Engineer 1885/07/03
From Graces Guide
1885 July 03rd PDF
- 40 Ton Floating Crane at Stettin Harbour, p 6 and 7. (Illustrated).
- Combustion of Gunpowder in Guns - Lieut J. F. Meigs, USN, p 5.
- Editorial, p 13.
- Electrical Engineering at the 1885 Inventions Exhibition - (No. VI), p 9 and 10. (Illustrated).
- Electric Resistance of Platinoid - By James Thomson Bottomley, p 5.
- Fast Yacht, p 15.
- Forced Draught By Revolving Screw in Chimney - John C. Kafer, p 9.
- Iron and Coal Districts of Alabama, (No. III), p 1.
- Launches and Trial Trips, p 9.
- Baghdadi for Persian Gulf Steam Navigation Co - Wigham Richardson; construction supervised by Flannery and Baggallay.
- An iron twin screw tug, built to the order of the Metropolitan Board of Works by Hawthorns and Co.
- The Eagle - Pearce Brothers and Watkins and Co for Huddart, Parker and Co.
- Ruthwell - Built by Robert Duncan and Co for C. T. O. Guthrie's Village Line.
- SS Olinda - Built by Cochran and Co for Millward, Bradbury and Co of Liverpool.
- Letters to the Editor, p 8.
- Lee's Link Belt, p 12. (Illustrated).
- New Companies,p 19.
- Patent Journal, p 19.
- Propeller and Crank Shafts - David Kirkaldy and Son, p 10.
- SS Eastwood's Triple Expansion Engines - Flannery, Baggallay and Johnson, p 11. (Illustrated).
- Steam Boilers as Magazines of Explosive Energy - Robert H. Thurston, p 4.
- Trial of a Pair of Horizontal Compound Tandem Engines - Michael Longridge, p 17.
- US Cruiser Dolphin, p 12. (Illustrated).