British Industrial History
The Engineer 1857/04/03
From Graces Guide
1857 April 03rd PDF
- Atlantic Telegraph, p 270.
- Baker's Safety Valve, p 270.
- Brown's Improvements in Signal Lanterns - patented 16th August 1856, p 267.
- Cartwright's Improvements in Chain Harrows - patented 17th July 1856, p 266. (Illustrated).
- Cowper's Improvement in the Manufacture of Candles - patented 26th August, p 263.
- Dansuran's Swimming Apparatus - patented 5th August 1856, p 263.
- Duvoir's Improvements in Steam Engines - patented 20th August 1856, p 266. (Illustrated).
- Hargreaves' Improvements in Collier's Machine for Combing Wool - patented 16th August 1856, p 266.
- Letters to the Editor, p 267.
- Progress of Steam Shipbuilding in Scotland, p 265.
- Railways for the Colonies and New Countries, p 262.
- Rise in the Price of Diamonds, p 270.
- Transatlantic Telegraph, p 269.
- Wadsworth's Mode - patented 23rd August 1856, p 270.
Sources of Information