of Melton Mowbray, Leics.
Makers of Tebbutt's Pork Pies.
- 1885 Tebbutt and Co registered a trademark for their pork pies.
- 1890s Tebbutt's, who also sold cheese, merged with Tuxford's creamery and the company became Tuxford and Tebbutt. They continued to produce both pork pies and cheese.
- 1966 The company stopped producing pork pies, and concentrated solely on cheese.
- 2008 The company is now one of only six creameries able to produce Stilton cheese.
-  Tuxford and Tebbutt Official Website
Sources of Information
- Trademarked. A History of Well-Known Brands - from Aertex to Wright's Coal Tar by David Newton. Pub: Sutton Publishing 2008 ISBN 978-0-7509-4590-5