Grace's Guide To British Industrial History

Registered UK Charity (No. 115342)

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 150,086 pages of information and 235,416 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,919 pages of information and 233,587 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Taylors Lane Power Station

From Graces Guide

1903 A 300 kW coal-fired power station was built by Willesden Urban District Council

1904 The station was sold to the North Metropolitan Electric Power Supply Co

Known initially as Willesden power station it was later called Taylors Lane to distinguish it from another the Acton Lane Power Station.

Coal was delivered to the site by railway.

By 1923 Generating capacity had increased to 20.25 MW

1937 Capacity was 28.6 MW

By 1961 the installed capacity was 11.5 MW

1972 The power station closed.

1979 An open cycle gas turbine power station was built on the site.


See Also

Loading...

Sources of Information