Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 137,253 pages of information and 220,095 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
The Talbot Tool Co Ltd. of 87, Borough High St., London. (1944)
1940 Company established by R. W. Griffiths and the head office was in Talbot Yard, Borough High St., London. Jig manufacture took place in premises on Southwark Bridge Road and was oversaw by G. A. Bennett.
During the Second World War the manufacturing moved to Brighton to escape air bombardment and allow for uninterrupted production of jig bushes and tooling parts for the Ministry of Aircraft Production.
1946 The head office transferred to Roedale Road, Brighton.
1958 New premises were obtained on Brighton's Hollingbury Industrial Estate.
See the present day company website www.talbot-tool.co.uk