Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,110 pages of information and 233,634 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
T. Mitchison Ltd of Gateshead was founded as a shiprepairer at Friars Goose slipway.
1924 - The yard completed the collier Greyfriars after the closure of the J. and D. Morris
1955 - The Yard was taken over by James Burness and Co of London and shipbuilding started from this year.
1963 - the last ship produced by the yard Relko was towed away to the Clyde. It was completed by Greenock Dockyard Co in July.
1964 - The yard closed after building 50 trawlers along with a number of motor tugs and barges.
British Shipbuilding Yards. 3 vols by Norman L. Middlemiss